Updated January 31, 2022
What Personal Data does Gradelink Collect via its website?
For the general public who visits Gradelink’s website, Gradelink collects
- Your browser’s cookies
- Your IP address, approximate geographic location, operating system and other technical details about your computing device
What Sources are used to collect Personal Data
Information is collected from our website software based on your website browsing. We also collect data from Google Adwords.
What is the Business or Commercial Purpose for the Personal Data?
The Gradelink website is used to promote Gradelink’s business and to deliver customer support to customers.
Is there any Further Purpose of my Data intended?
There is no further purpose for personal data beyond what has been described.
Is my Personal Data sold (including consumers under 16 years)?
Gradelink does not sell personal data.
What is the Legal Basis for collecting my Personal Data?
Under the GDPR regulation, the legal basis for collecting website visit data is consent.
What Third-Parties receive my Personal Data?
Gradelink uses trusted third-party contractors which receive your data, including a hosting company, website services for processing online forms, and website analytics services.
In Which Countries is my Personal Data transferred to?
Personal data relating to your website visit is kept in the United States.
How long is my data Retained?
Data is retained indefinitely.
Does Gradelink use any Automated Decision-Making?
Gradelink does not use any automated decision-making.
About Website Cookies
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Providing you with a functioning website
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies which our website uses:
Functionality – Gradelink uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
Tracking/Advertising – Gradelink uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. This information is used by Gradelink to determine what content on our website is viewed by users, so that the website can be improved and enhanced.
Consent to permit cookie use
What are your data protection rights?
Your legal rights vary based on your residency. California residents have rights under CCPA, other US residents may have rights based on their state law, and EU residents are granted rights under GDPR.
Gradelink uses the following processes to ensure that your rights are honored:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Gradelink for copies of your personal data. When you make a request, you will need to specify your IP address, and we may verify your identity by asking details regarding your browsing activity. We will then provide you, via email, the information that you have requested.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Gradelink correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Gradelink to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Gradelink erase your personal data, under certain conditions. When you make a request, we will verify your identity by asking you details regarding information you have provided to us. We will complete your request unless other obligations prohibit us from honoring you request. We will send you a conformation when we have completed the process, and if we are prohibited from erasing your data, we will explain why.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Gradelink restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to opt out of sale of your data. You may make a request to opt out of any sale of your data. After you make a request, you will receive a reply that Gradelink’s policy is to not sell any data and your request is thereby honored.
- The right to withdraw consent – If you originally provided Gradelink consent to use your data, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
- The right to lodge a complaint – You have the right to lodge a complaint. EU residents may lodge a complaint with your country or local data protection office. US residents may complain with the appropriate state agency.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, send an email to our Data Protection Officer, whose contact information is listed under “How to contact us”. Please also note:
- If you make a request, we will respond to you within one month.
- Your authorized agent may exercise any of your rights on your behalf. Your agent should include the legal authorization such as power of attorney or other legal document valid in your local jurisdiction.
- You have the right that we do not discriminate against you in any way for exercising your rights and we honor that right.
Obligations to Provide us your Personal Data
Website visitors are not obliged to provide their personal data or to accept cookies, although some functionality of the website might be lost if cookies are not accepted.
Gradelink is subject to international, national, and state/provincial regulations. These include the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), U.S. state laws including the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA), and other regulations.
How to contact us
Officer: Jonathan Kim
Or Direct +1.949.504.8564
Or, via standard mail:
Attn: Jonathan Kim
26741 Portola Pkway #1E-649
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610